Hiking and Camping in Joshua Tree
Discover one of the most serene and surreal landscapes in the American West on a winter hiking and backcountry camping trip in Joshua Tree National Park where billion-year-old rocks loom above the surrounding desert, and expansive Joshua Tree "forests" blanket broad valleys. In the mornings and evenings, it feels more like a savannah than a desert, with Joshua Trees framing the horizon at the edge of the Mojave desert. Admire Joshua Tree’s must-see features like desert oases and soaring summits and gather around the well-stoked campfires at a basecamp in the heart of Joshua Tree National Park.
- Ryan Mountain climb
- Teddy Bear Cholla Garden visit
- The Lost Palms Oasis hike
- Arch Rock hike
- Barker Dam hike
- The Maze hike
- Hidden Valley hike
- Shuttle to Las Vegas
- Have a wonderful outdoor experience while you enjoy comforts like showers and cosy sleeping amenities, even while camping.
- Explore Joshua Tree National Park on foot – hike some most iconic and classic treks under the watchful eye of your expert leader who knows all the best spots.
- Soak in the sight of Joshua trees silhouetted against the break of day or climb to the top of one of the monoliths surrounding camp to greet the morning.
- Hike to the summit of Ryan Mountain and take in stunning 360-degree summit views of granite rock piles that seem to melt into the surrounding plateau.
- Sustained by water seeping up through fault lines, five oases can be found within Joshua Tree National Park. On this trip, you will visit two of them.
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...